Saturday, December 31

Living Vicariously through My Former Self: Rome

Rome, Italy

I was born in 1986. What else happened in 1986? McDonald's opened its largest store to date. A 425 seat behemoth in the heart of Rome was considered by many locals to be the "death of Italian Cuisine". Based on the food I ate in this fine city that apparently wasn't built in a day, I'd say Italian cuisine has survived quite nicely. I would go back to Rome in a second if someone offered me the chance to. That's not saying much though since I would go back to practically every destination I visited on my month long venture through Europe. In descending order, we have the view from the Spanish Steps, a peek inside the doorway of the Pantheon,  a cross in a public square and an old buildings front door. 


No comments: